Flying Disc Jammers
Arcade future disc sport
Flying Disc Jammers is an arcade future sports game, influenced (strongly) by the 1994 Neo Geo game Flying Power Disc/Windjammers. 1-vs-1 matches are played with a flying disc that you must attempt to throw past your opponent to the goals behind them, utilising your skill with the disc and the spring-loaded side barriers. Once caught you can only hold the disc for 1 second– the sooner you act the more powerful your throw will be!
- Supports play with xbox 360 controllers right now (probably best) as well as keyboard, or a mix of the two.
- Early build, there will probably be bugs, but should be playable!
- This game is free for anyone to download and play right now, please do, but I’m releasing it right now in the earliest possible playable state. More players/specials/levels/animations/music and core mechanics to come in the future.]
Quick Play Guide
- First to 12 points wins a set, first to 2 sets wins the match
- Throw Straight or lob throws up
- Dash to move fast, block while stationary to knock the disc up
- Get under lobs & blocks to power up and enable Special Throws
- When you catch you have 1 second to throw, the sooner the more powerful it will be. If you don’t act it will result in a weak throw.
- Quarter circle before throws to curve!
- Note: use keys/controller for menu navigation rather than mouse!
Keyboard Player 1:
Movement:[W A S D]
Keyboard Player 2:
Movement:[U H J K]